The front office staff at the reception will assist you during the admission process. They will generate a Unique Identification Number (UID) for the patient and all the medical records will be maintained and stored by the hospital for all future reference. They will also draw out an estimate and guide you for selecting the relevant category of room.
In addition, you will be required to make an advance payment. The advance shall be adjusted against the final bill at the time of discharge. Those seeking the cashless route would have to visit the insurance desk / TPA desk for the hospitalization of the patient. The staff will escort the patient to the allotted room/bed and make you feel comfortable.
Pre Admission Process
- Patient reports to the reception of the hospital.
- Front desk executive enquires about the patient's problem.
- Reception office refers the patient to the concerned department/doctor.
- Patient reports there, and concerned doctor investigates the patient's case history.
- If required, patient is advised for admission in the hospital. In case of admission, the patient is given the Admission date and admission form is filled for further formalities.
- Before admission, the patient is counseled by the front desk executive regarding the treatment package which includes:
- Estimated bill size
- Average length of stay
- Various modes of payment accepted.
- Documents to bring on day of admission.
- When the patient arrives at the ward, our ward staff will orientate the patient to the ward and the facilities available. Patient will then be clerked by the ward doctor - this involves taking a detailed medical history and ordering of tests if necessary.
- During the patient's stay in the hospital, he/she will be attended by a team doctors comprising of medical specialists, assisted by medical officers. Every care is taken in respect of patient care, treatment and health recovery.
- The daily routine in the ward includes activities such as ward rounds by doctors, medication, visiting hours and bedtime. However, this routine may vary as laboratory tests, x-ray, treatment and other procedures will take place when required.
- If required, the doctors operate the patient as part of the treatment.
- The patient's medical records and information on their medical condition are confidential. We will only share this information with the patient and the next-of-kin. If the immediate family members wish to know more about the patient's condition, they can approach the appropriate coordinator to arrange for convenient time to meet the concerned doctor.
- The safety and wellbeing of our patient is our utmost concern to us. We advise our patients to remain within the hospital premises until they are discharged by the concerned doctor.
- A discharge summary will be given to the patient before leaving the ward. In case the patient needs a medical certificate, he/she has to inform the doctor or nurse in advance so that it can be prepared before the patient's leaves.
- Before leaving the ward, patient is handed over with detailed discharge summary, which includes doctor's advice on their further follow-up treatment, daily routine diet, and medical prescription.
- The doctors may give the patient an appointment for follow-up at the Hospital. If the patient needs to reschedule the outpatient appointment after discharge, they can feel free to contact the concerned doctor.